Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Melanie's Facebook - Part 5

We have internet!! I am at the lab and we got our internet hooked up yesterday! I can now keep in touch a little better, I hope! It's still hard to get over here very much because money is tight and we have large vans that get bad gas mileage! When I get Tiffanie to tutor me on the blog spot I can post on there but for now I'll keep posting on here!

Things are good! We had a family pool party on Saturday, the sun was shinning and it was a blast. Dannan spent 2 hours cleaning the pool before we all swam, we were so thankful he did because the water felt great and was soon clear and clean. So, he is now fried!!! I feel so sorry for him, you can't even touch his shoulders. We have work coming into the lab and we are feeling happy about our prospects here. We are excited to be in our branch. We have made some good friends there and are excited to do more missionary work.

The kids are doing great! Savannah says she loves Costa Rica but misses our big house and our horses. I do too! Joey says he misses his friends and it's hard to not be able to speak Spanish, but he is making friends anyway and it will be good as we are able to go more places and spend more time around Ticos. Jacob tells me he misses his MauMau and his nice, big house. He likes it here though but is ready to be in his own house, me too. Molly is happy and sunshiney just about all the time, she loves it here and loves to help with the twins! James is very happy to have a cute little playmate that is always willing to go and make mischief with him! Rachael and I just sit and watch them sometimes, laughing at their cuteness! They are just so funny together!

The weather is beautiful lately and I am enjoying less rain and more sun!! It is about 80 every day and the sun usually shines for most of the day, until around 2 or 3 when the clouds tend to roll in. It is a beautiful place to live and I feel like I am settling down now and I am getting to feel comfortable and able to handle most things, the mold, I'm afraid is something I really don't like and am not adjusted to! It is sad to lose nice clothes and books to mold!!! I am praying for a home with air condition so it will be easier to control the mold problem! Things are good and life is good with the Lord by our side! Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment